We are thankful and appreciative of all the support and encouragement we receive from our current and past clients. We could not grow, improve and continue to learn without their feedback.
Chad and his associates were a breath of fresh air. My family was faced with a difficult home improvement project that needed to be addressed in a very short period of time. The sale of my home was contingent on the completion of a set of tasks and I am glad that I had Chad to rely on. Chad was referred to me by a top local roofing company because of his vast knowledge across a wide range of home improvement project types and industries and he and his company exceeded all expectations. Not only can he help families address any task through his vast network and skill sets, but he also made the experience less stressful (even enjoyable). He was fair, transparent, cost effective, responsive, flexible, and laid back. I will go out of my way to work with him in the future and have already recommended to friends. Thanks again Chad!
I am building a three story house in the Washington, DC area and have been working with Chad and his team throughout the entire process. They bring a wealth of knowledge about construction and relationships with subcontractors and vendors that has provided me with the step ahead in my building process. I would recommend his services to anyone that is doing work on their home.
After extensive research and reviewing all-inclusive bids from several general contractors, we decided to renovate our 1920’s Arlington home with the help of Chad from Arlington Construction Mangement and UBuildIt. After all these years of thinking and planning, we found ourselves more familiar with the project and specifications than anyone else could be. Chad’s system gave us credit for that knowledge, allowed us to get exactly what we wanted, did not penalize us for making changes and saved us substantially. We even had the freedom and flexibility to do some work on our own (a little demo saved us nearly 5K) as well as to receive bids from sub-contractors we had met over the years. A few of those sub-contractors worked out well, but predominantly Chad’s recommended sub-contractors were a better value. As an example, the siding contractor he recommended was half (20K less) than a bid we found online. Chad has been with us every step of the way.
After interviewing several design/build companies, we thought we couldn’t afford to remodel our home, until we talked with Chad. He allowed us to take control of the project ourselves while expertly guiding us throughout the project, which saved us over $100K compared to the estimates from other companies. Using the pre-screened subcontractors recommended by him gave us peace of mind knowing our project would be done right. The whole process went smoothly and was completed on time and within budget!
In the past we used a design/build company and did not feel that we had control over the process or the budget. When we reviewed the bill we found the mark-up was excessive, especially when sub-contractors were used for most of the work. This time around we chose to use Chad with Arlington Construction Mangement because of the ability to control expenses, choose the products used in building our addition and select our own sub-contractors. The ability to get several estimates and meet the subs for each trade beforehand made a huge difference in our experience. We completed our project 2 months earlier than predicted and were able to stay within budget. We ended up saving 28% from our lowest bid and we were able to use upgraded products along the way. Chad gave us great advice, support and knowledge to help us through our project. I know we would not have received the same personal service from any other builder. We would use Chad again and would highly recommend him to anyone looking into building.
Arlington Construction Management helped us create the home of our dreams, without any of the constraints typical to a design/build firm and at great savings. They helped us select contractors that were both flexible and reliable. They really do provide us a level of comfort while ensuring that we understand the process and possible issues of remodeling our home.
Chad has been very helpful and flexible with our project in Northern Virginia. Without their help, my wife and I would have given up on the dream of building our own home.
As busy homeowners we relied on Arlington Construction Mangement’s research and guidance. Selecting sub contractors and evaluating estimates would have been much more of a long drawn out ordeal without their advice and support.
Prior to using Chad, my architect had bid out my completed architectural plans to 3 GCs. The bids came back 50-80% higher than the budget I had set originally. So I turned to Chad. Chad poured over my plans, did lots of research, and invited qualified subs for bidding. It’s clear Chad has the industry knowledge and contacts needed to get a job of my large scope accomplished. Having already been through the bid process 3 times with my architect, I can say it was far better with Chad. I spoke to the subs directly instead of just the GCs, and the subs asked me good questions no GC had asked me before. The overall bid Chad pulled together was about 25% less than the lowest GC bid. Saving money and having more control over the building process are key reasons to use Chad’s services. I can definitely say how impressed I was by the way Chad ran the bid process, the quality of the subs, and the savings of using his method.
We have a small bathroom that was in desperate need of renovation. I didn’t want to spend too much money, but also wanted something nice that could be done quickly. Chad helped us put in a new tile floor, new bath fixtures and now we have a beautiful new guest bath – all well within our limited budget! Also, it took only four days to complete once scheduled. It couldn’t have been more painless.
Chad has helped us on a number of relatively minor household projects so it was a no brainer to turn to him when we were ready to renovate a bathroom. As is typical in many older Arlington homes, space is limited. Chad and his team worked with us so that we were able to design a way to expand the shower and make it with door less entry. Throughout every step of the renovation, we were told what was happening, why, and what the next steps were. When obstacles arose, a number of alternatives were presented and discussed with us. In the end the bathroom has surpassed our expectations. Just look at it! Chad was readily available to us throughout the project and did a great job of tailoring his service to meet our needs and kept the overall cost within our budget.
Chad with Arlington Construction Mangement arranged everything for me when I needed to tear down my old garage. He booked a dumpster, sent an electrician to take down the wiring, and sent over his team from for the demolition. All the workmen were very nice, and did a great job, including a very thorough clean up. He made it all so easy for me, finding the right people for the job at the right price.
We contracted Chad to help us replace the entire sewage line for our
1925 farmhouse. Chad very quickly identified a contractor who
specialized in this work, and was considerably less expensive than
other companies we looked into ourselves. Chad handled all the
permits and scheduling, and the work was completed exactly in the time
frame he stated. We were very happy to have such a large job handled
by him in such a professional and hassle-free manner.
My wife and I visited my brother over the thanksgiving holiday and were so impressed with their house that I decided I wanted to let you know what features we found particularly attractive. I sincerely hope this might prove useful in your future residential building endeavors. For demographics, I should preface this with the fact that we are from Austin, Texas.
1) Very functional and open floor plan downstairs with particularly good use of space, providing room for people to move about area(s) simultaneously. An ease of transition from the kitchen/dining areas to the living area, providing ease of mobility between them yet also a different atmosphere.
2) The kitchen layout is extremely functional with egress in both directions of its length. There is an excellent proximal relationship of the appliances/sink, with the island counter and other countertop space being ‘roomy’, yet easily reachable. The style and material of cabinets and drawers is outstanding.
3) Lighting is very good without being obtrusive and control switches are placed where they can be found and operated intuitively.
4) Countertop materials on both levels are seemingly ideal, with good color matching.
5) Windows are plentiful and placed well. They provide a feeling of integrating/extending the indoor living space with the outdoors.
6) The transparent fireplace really works well for me, particularly at night. The reflection of the fire in the rear window makes it seem even bigger and warmer. Psychologically, it provides a very natural feeling of insulation between the outdoor elements and indoor living space.
7) The wooden floors are superb. Also, the color tone match between stairway and floors provide a seamless feeling of living space.
8) The master bath is obviously designed as carefully as other living areas, providing much of what one would hope for and more, both with respect to amenity and space.
9) Upstairs bedrooms are spacious with easy access from a single long hallway.
10) Tiles are tastefully decorative with use of neutral earth-tones.
11) Fixtures are easy to use, and I have a particular penchant for stainless steel. Further, a higher spout mouth allows one to easily access water and move beneath it without strain.
12) Placing the utility room upstairs offers ease of use and less travel with heavy laundry loads.
13) Workmanship throughout is exceptional, with obvious attention to detail.
14) Location within the city is possibly one of the biggest pluses, offering walking distance to a supermarket, easy access to major roadways, and a general feeling of less congestion than many other areas.